This rising adoption of the aluminum can is attributable to several factors, including the format’s sustainability credentials and convenience, an increase in off-premise consumption as well as consumer demand for new beverage options (e.g., energy drinks, seltzers, and craft beers) where cans are the preferred package. We remain confident in the future of the format, with all signs pointing toward greater traction. This includes prominent beverage brands building new facilities to significantly grow can-filling capacity, 电子商务和直接面向消费者零售的兴起, increasing incomes and young populations supporting consumption trends and further expansion opportunities in beverage categories like energy drinks, 葡萄酒和烈酒/鸡尾酒.
The inherent characteristics of beverage cans also meet consumer needs in ways that no other packaging format can. Metal packaging is lightweight and convenient to carry, serve from and enjoy. It is durable, protecting the product within and maintaining its freshness. 除了, and critical to modern consumers: Cans are extremely sustainable and represent packaging they can feel good about.
不管你在世界的哪个角落, the trend is the same: consumers are increasingly reaching for beverage cans. Here is a window into what is happening in some of 云顶集团糖果游戏’s key markets:
- 能量饮料, 尖的苏打水, canned cocktails and flavored waters are poised for above-market growth.
- Beer cans represented 80% of Mexico’s can market in 2021.
- The region continues to shift toward cans and away from returnable glass.
- The country’s alcohol market continues to see a meaningful shift toward beer cans. It is anticipated that in 2022, 64% of beer will be in cans, versus 48% in 2015.
- This region remains a strong proponent and consumer of cans, with the market reaching a volume of nearly 90 billion cans and growing at a 4-6% CAGR.
- Increased awareness of metal and its sustainable attributes, 以及非本地消费习惯, 是否对格式有更大的偏好.
- Consumers are also reaching for cans as they search for product variety and more premium, 美观的定制罐头设计.
- 增加家庭收入和年轻人口, greater interest in sustainable packaging and growing demand for smaller serving sizes are all helping to drive the beverage can’s popularity in countries such as Cambodia, 泰国和越南.